Sunday, January 04, 2009

Who represents you?

One of the things I really enjoy doing is visiting other schools. I don't do it very often in my home town simply because I am known. I love to visit other towns and cities and just drop in. What I am looking for? Not how much they charge, I really don't care (this includes my city too). I want to see how I am being greeted when I arrive.

Today I dropped in on a local school. They were open and I was curious. I stepped into the Dojo and was quickly acknowledged by what I am assuming to be a 'trainer" (This is a MMA Fight Club that teaches martial arts too). He shouted from across the room at me "What do you want"? He also definitely looked like I was bothering him.

Now this man did not know who I was, nor was he interested. However had I been a prospect for his club I would have been turned off right at the door. So I ask again, who is representing your business?

For most people entering a martial arts establishment is an intimidating thing. Having someone further intimidate you at the door is no way to get students. If this is the norm for martial arts schools, and unfortunately it is, no wonder so many are failing.

Hmmm......I wonder how they answer the phone?

No comments: